Travel Card for people with disabilities

Responsible Service: Social Welfare Department, Citizen Service Centers (KEP)

Usually in December of each year, the circular for the issuance/renewal of the travel card is published. In case you miss the deadline for submitting the necessary documentation, you will have the chance next year.

The travel card provides free transportation with the means of public transport OASA, ETHEL, ILPAP, ISAP, AMEL(Athens Metro), TRAM and Proastiakos and transportation with 50% discount with the main intercity public transport bus service KTEL and the railway company OSE.

Basic Requirements for the Issuance of the Travel Card:

  1. The declared annual personal income shouldn’t be over €23,000 or the declared annual household income shouldn’t exceed €29,000.
  2. You should possess a KEPA certificate with degree of disability of at least 67% or receive the welfare benefit.

Documentation the claimant must present:

  • Application of the claimant or of his authorized person along with the following documents
  • KEPA certificate with degree of disability of at least 67%
  • Those receiving a benefit from the Welfare Department should present the registration certificate in the registry of benefit recipients (KEPA certificate isn’t necessary)
  • I.D card or a photocopy of it
  • Solemn Declaration for the exact address of the place of residence
  • For the issuance of a new card 2 recent photos
  • Photocopy of the last income tax return form
  • Health Booklet (if available)

Beneficiaries: The travel card is issued in people with disabilities who reside permanently in Greece and are:

– of Greek citizenship

– citizens of E.U member-states

– citizens of the member-states of the European Economic Area (EEA)

– citizens of the states who are included in the European Convention

– citizens of states outside the E.U who are incapable of working after workplace accident in Greek territory

– recognized refugees permanently residing in Greece, whose residency status in Greece is defined by the provisions of the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, as amended by the 1967 New York Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees, people eligible for subsidiary protection, and those having resident status on humanitarian grounds.

DEI Social Residential Tariff

With the no Δ5-ΗΛ/Β/Φ29/16027/6.8.10 Decision of the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change, the Social Residential Tariff (S.R.T.) is provided for the protection of the vulnerable social groups of consumers and particularly for people with low income, families with 3 children, long-term unemployed and people with disabilities. The Tariff will be provided by all power suppliers. For more information visit:

Basic Requirements

The Social Residential Tariff is applied to the first 800kWh of the total 4-month period consumption if:

  1. The consumption refers to the coverage of needs for the permanent residence of the beneficiary
  2. The power supply is under the name of the beneficiary
  3. The consumption is over or equal to 200 kWh per 4-month period
  4. The total consumption for the 4-month period does not exceed the consumption limits defined for each beneficiary category (1,000 kWh or 1,200 kWh). The night tariff consumption is not taken into consideration for the consumption limits.

Essential information for the submission of the beneficiary’s application form

  1. E-payment Code και Serial Number which can be found on the 2nd page of the bill
  2. The bill should have been issued after 27/09/10 (the date of issuance can be found on the 1st page of the bill)
  3. The address of the permanent residence
  4. The identity card or passport number
  5. The Tax Registration Number (TRN) of the beneficiary as well as the spouse’s (if they are married)

For more information:

How to submit your application form

The application forms for the Social Residential Tariff are submitted:

– electronically in

– by dialing the telephone number 11770, Monday to Friday: 7 a.m.- 7  p.m.

– by going to the nearest Citizen Service Centers (KEP)

Social Tourism

Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO) 7-day funded vacation


  1. Degree of disability over 67%
  2. The applicant shouldn’t have taken part in the program the previous year


  1. Certificate from the Primary Health Committee
  2. I.D card
  3. Health Booklet
  4. Income tax return form

For more information you can call us at our office in Athens: 210 72 57 617 – 210 72 33 848 and at our office in Thessaloniki: 2310 23 70 40.