The Drop-in Center is one of the services provided by Centre for Life. It opened its doors in December of 1995 and is unique in its kind in Greece. It is a meeting place for support, information and entertainment for HIV+ people, their family and partners.
The Drop-in Center’s objective is to provide a friendly environment where visitors will be able to:
- get answers and be informed on the topic of HIV / AIDS.
- share their hopes and fears.
- talk about issues of common interest with other people facing the same challenge and share ideas and solutions.
What does the Drop-in Center provide?
The Drop-in Center offers a growing number of services and possibilities to its members:
- Psychological support through self-help groups and trained volunteers so that people living with HIV / AIDS can face this challenge more effectively and creatively in their lives.
- Lectures by doctors and scientists on issues related to HIV / AIDS.
- Recreational activities inside and outside of the Drop- In Center space like parties, trips, holidays, theater, music performances, film, etc.
Who visits the Drop-in Center?
- Adult HIV+ people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, or social characteristics.
- Relatives and partners of HIV+ individuals.
- Volunteers of Centre for Life.
For more details on how the Drop-in Center works and its regulations please click here
Days and hours of operation:
Mondays, Wednesdays 18:00 – 22:00 and Saturdays 18.00- 21.00. During the summer months the Drop- In Center opens at 18:30.
The Info Centre is a service offered by the Centre for Life and has been operating since 2002 as part of the Drop-In Center. It is a specially designed space, equipped with computers and internet access.
In the Info Centre, the Drop-In Centre visitors have the ability, either independently or with the support of trained volunteers, to use computers, browse the web, search for work, communicate with other people (e.g. skype), and cover any other relevant need.
Hours of Operation: Monday & Wednesday 18:30 – 21:30
All Drop-In Center services are offered free of charge and with absolute discretion.