Did you know?
- In Greece about 17.5% of all HIV diagnoses are made among women.
- HIV infection is a matter of all age groups and the age group with the highest incidence of new diagnoses among women is 25 to 29 years.
- Women are particularly vulnerable to hiv because of biological and psychosocial factors.
- Women find it difficult to ask for protection during sexual contact.
- Women are slow to undergo HIV testing and do not seek medical attention in time.
Support of women living with HIV
What does Centre for Life offer to women?
From 2011 we implement actions to support HIV-positive women which include:
- Closed discussion groups for women.
- Awareness meetings with specialized professionals (Gynecologists, Infectious Disease Specialists, Psychologists, Social Scientists)
- Women’s psychological support group
- Targeted meetings and prevention actions
The women’s empowerment programme aims to:
- Improve the quality of life of women living with HIV in Greece
- Educate health professionals to the specific needs of HIV-positive women
- Support and empowerment of women
- Create a support network for HIV positive women in the community