Peer to Peer Support is a new service of Centre for Life that is offered for free to people living with HIV/AIDS, their families and partners, by specially trained people living with HIV themselves.
Within a strict framework of privacy, understanding, mutual respect, responsibility and confidentiality, people living with HIV trained by Centre for Life are trying through their own life experiences to empower newly identified HIV positive people by providing a range of support services, such as:
- Support targeted on the management of HIV related issues in the best possible way
- Visit and escorting services where needed (home, hospital, hosting facility)
- Practical help for people having difficulties in completing relevant procedures
- Participation in the implementation of informative and awareness raising activities in the community
- Introductory meetings for HIV positive people that want to be informed about the other services offered by Centre for life
Peer to Peer Support Programme addresses, among other things, the human need of seeking people that share common experiences and face common challenges, so as to achieve a better understanding of the situation experienced by everyone. In addition, through the receiving of practical and emotional support, people living with HIV/AIDS attain the ability of coping more effectively with the multifaceted challenges that they face in their everyday life.
The services of our Peer to Peer Support Team are offered on appointment, Monday- Friday, 10:00 – 17:00
Athens: 210 72 33 848 – 210 72 57 617 Thessaloniki: 2310237040
Peer to Peer Support Programme is being implemented by Centre for Life, with the scientific support of the Office for Psychological Support of the Hellenic Center for Disease Control & Prevention.
With the kind support: