From the foundation of Centre of Life, cornerstone of the Organization are the volunteers. With their vital help they contribute substantially in the realization of our project. Our volunteers cover areas such as:
- Event planning
- Information of the general public
- Day Centre (a place to meet, get informed and be entertained)
- Info Centre
- Hospital and House visits (buddies program)
The continuous education of our volunteers constitutes for the Centre of Life priority and consolidated investment. Our goal is to offer to our volunteers the means and the know-how needed to enhance their unselfish giving.
The educational seminars, that the future volunteers are obliged to attend, give the opportunity to the volunteers to get informed on HIV/AIDS, to participate in group discussions and experiential exercises, to get to know Centre of Life and to be involved to one of the volunteer’s groups, actively contributing to the work of the Organization.
The educational seminars are being held twice a year and are being completed in two weekends plus one more Saturday (36 hours in total), giving the chance to all volunteers to gain basic knowledge on the issue that there are going to deal with.
How are you going to become a volunteer?
- Participation statement (tel: Athens 2107257617 & 2107233848. Thessaloniki Email: email@example.com)
- Individual interview
- Completing a questionnaire
- Attending the training
- Placement at the working group that she/he will be volunteering on, in consultation with the head of the volunteers of Centre of Life.
With any way that you will select to volunteer, you should know that you will enhance the Organization’s work to inform the public on issues concerning HIV/AIDS and in the same time it will give you the possibility to make new friends and to gain new experiences!